· What your child will learn: A baby from 6 months to 12 months will learn how to hold their breath underwater, roll onto their back and float unassisted until someone rescues them. A child from 1 year old to 6 years old, will learn how to hold their breath underwater, swim head down, roll onto their back to float, rest and breathe; then roll back over to resume swimming until they reach the side of the pool and crawl out.
This is called the ISR swim-float-swim sequence. All children will learn how to perform the skills in different types of clothes. Upon completion of the ISR program, your child will have the survival skills needed to save him or herself along with the enjoyment of recreational swimming.
· Class Structure: Your child’s classes are 5 days a week, Monday – Friday. Each class will be approximately 10 minutes long with just one child and myself in the water. Much is accomplished in a short but very intense private lesson. Your child will have the same 10 - minute time slot each day. You can expect your child to complete the initial course in 4 – 6 weeks. Each lesson is individualized and custom tailored for your child's needs and abilities.
· Weekly Fees: $90.00 per week for morning classes, $100.00 per week for evening classes. This can be paid via cash, check, or money order. Now accepting Paypal!
· National Registration: There is a one-time ISR national registration fee of $105.00 for each new student. There is an annual refresher fee or update fee of $35.00 for returning students. This fee can be paid online via Paypal or credit card. Your registration fee covers the cost of screening procedures for physical and developmental readiness of your child by our team of medical professionals. You will also receive your ISR Introductory Kit which includes your Parent Resource Book, informative DVD, and voucher for a swim diaper (if needed) and ISR t-shirt at our ISR Seal Store online.
· Refresher Classes: Upon completion of your child's initial lessons, every child should take a short 1 – 3 week refresher course every 6 months - 1 year. Regular weekly fee applies.
Infant Swimming Resource, LLC ("ISR") complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion or disability. It is the policy of ISR to provide reasonable accommodations to its disabled applicants and students, with the provision of appropriate documentation of the need for the accommodation.